Sunday, March 22, 2009

Remembering the Music of Those Time


I had spent some time going through my sister's CD collections, and here is the outcome:

I found great CDs with songs I used to listen along when those tracks were played on the stereo by my sis. At such tender age (around the time when I am in primary school), I guess these are the music that kind of accompanied me back then.

I shall talk about the CD with an orange on its cover because most of the tracks bring back nostalgic memories of my primary school days. The CD is a compilation album loaded with 16 tracks of those days. Among it, my favourite would be:

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
The catchy band name and lyrics really stuck in my head :)

Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
The 'du-du-du...du-du-du-du' is great to hum along, not to mention the catchy, upbeat melody coupled with dark lyrics. SUPERB!

Blur - Song 2
The 'woohoos..'

Arkarna - So Little Time
I remember that this song is featured as the theme song of television series starring Olsen twins of the same name. I love the techno on the last part of the song.

Matchbox20 - Push
My sister is always a fan of Matchbox Twenty, so I listened a lot to them up until now, including Rob Thomas's solo debut album. I heard his sophomore effort is coming out soon, will be looking forward to it.

-----
--------
-----------
--------
-----

Lastly, Meredith Brooks - Bitch (Nothing In Between) (Bitchless Edit)
Okay, I must have known this 'bitch' word at a very young age, but who cares. This song is just so carefree and nice. Too bad, as stated on the album, this version had the bitch word silenced. I am going to download the original a.s.a.p.

Those few I highlighted are those I really like. Basically, all the tracks on it will pretty much be synced into my iPod once it's rip off from the CD.

The other CDs include:
Savage Garden second album, Affirmation
The duo caught my attention with their first single 'I Want You', which featured a very fast, sort of rap in the lyrics. I still remember that my friend can babbled it although he is only in primary school. My sister only owned the cassette of their debut, so I have to download it then. It's such a waste that Darren Hayes and Daniel Jones spilt after only mere two albums.

Both of Spice Girls album in their early days
Boy bands and Girl bands made big bucks in those days :)

Aqua debut album, Aquarium
Who would forget the song, Barbie Girl regardless whether it annoys you or not? I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world~~. My favourite on this album would be 'Turn Back Time'.

I guess boredom at home really is a good thing afterall since it helps me rediscover forgotten tracks of those time.

Current temperature: Blazing hot; due to my latest discovery, I am pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment