Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lights On

Don't get me wrong by reading the title, I am not encouraging you guys to on the lights during Earth Hour. What I am indicating is that Earth Hour 2009 officially ended.

I shall start by writing on my day today since it was considered pretty much eventful. I spent most of the evening doing the literature review for Technical Communication. By the time I am done, it was already almost 6 o'clock.

By 6.30 pm, I had dinner plan with my family at a Japanese Restaurant named 'Rakuzen' located near SS15. We went there early fearing that the restaurant might off the lights in conjunction with Earth Hour, which I doubt they did. I had Soba for dinner.

***

During the one hour duration of Earth Hour, I decided to take the opportunity to go for a walk to see how 'environmental friendly' are the residents of my 'second' living area.

Unfortunately, I observed that most of the lights weren't out just as I already guessed back when the campaign was launched. However, there were exceptions. I saw few of the families standing outside their already darkened houses, with their kids running around holding torchlights in their hands. Bravo to them for having the spirit!

I shall stop here.
Happy Earth Hour :)

Current temperature: Hot after the walk, and the fan is off :P

No comments:

Post a Comment