Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Live My Life

It has been a long time since my last update. For the past few weeks, life had gotten crazy. My regular visits to the airport can make me a cab driver now. In fact, I had been going back and forth between Cyberjaya and my home to get things done especially my laundry. Too much to say, yet I don't know where to start.

There was this particular week in which I got 4 main tasks (test, assignment, quiz, presentation) to be completed. One by one I managed to finish it all with one task (the presentation) being rescheduled to the following week (which is not good!). The reason was because of the killer Microelectronics assignment which I had to endure for one whole night, and not completing it even when the sun rises. Confusing much? Well, in simple word, my presentation was on Monday of Week 12, which coincide with the assignment due date. So, I started on my assignment on Sunday night until the next morning, yet I still have a lot to be completed.

The feeling was hell for me - hating myself for not starting the assignment early, wishing that I can turn back time, hoping for light at the end of the tunnel, thinking to jump off a building. I reached the point of breaking down and going crazy singing "If You Seek Amy". The song just came out of sudden for me to keep going. Total madness I know!

Indeed, there was light at the end of the tunnel for me. The time for passing up the assignment was until almost 6 pm, and the lecturer was helpful enough to help even when I consulted him last minute. On the other hand, presentation went smoothly eventhough I lacked of sleep :)

Throughout the whole crazy weeks, I can't complaint much. At the very least I got to know who are true to me when I needed them. Plus, I found solace in FOOD!!! I had been to Secret Recipe, Manhattan Fish Market, and Pizza Hut. Broke but contented I am :P

After all the craziness, it is the time again to pamper myself with a series of enjoyment. Last Wednesday, we went to Alamanda. At first, it was just for dinner, but it turned out to be more (at least for me). We were in the usual mood of having a hard time to choose a spot for dinner, but after long consideration, we had our dinner at Kenny Roger's. While eating, we got to know that the whole MMU Cyberjaya campus gone blackout, which allowed us the opportunity to catch a movie in order not to be in the dark.

Reaching GSC, it hit me that I totally forgotten that X-Men Origins out on that day itself. I hadn't book any tickets. I knew it was too late, but I wanted it badly. That's me; I want things to go my way at times. At the counter, the seats available sucks big time! No choice, but to wait until 10 pm for the uncollected reserved tickets to be open for sales. Walking around Alamanda helped to kill time.

Then, I entered this shop which I saw a pair of shoes that caught my attention earlier to try it. I ended up buying the shoe. There goes my money again.

We went back to the cinema after that. Most of the people were also like us, all waiting for X-Men tickets. I got more desperate for my tickets! We ended up with four tickets as coincidentally those were the only available four seats on the same row. YAY!!!

As a fan of X-Men, I really enjoyed it a lot since I had been anticipating this movie two or three years back. Plus, I got to see Gambit in action :) After the movie, we went back campus which was still pitch dark. I guessed I can't avoid it afterall. So, I had to bath in the dark only for a while and then the electricity was back. It looks like MMU just celebrated a belated Earth Hour.


***

Back to present time, I am home for the weekend and I wish to utilise the time now to recharge before preparing for the upcoming challenge which is the finals in two weeks time. I just got back from Oriental Pavilion in Jaya 33 for my aunt's birthday celebration. Again, I indulged in more sumptuous food (shark fins and baked fish were among them).

Up next, finals!

Lesson learnt 1: Never to do assignments at the very last minute
Lesson learnt 2: Plan ahead of time e.g. book movie tickets to avoid desperate situation

Math test 2 results were out and I never felt better, not what I expected anyway :)

-----------------------------------
-------------------------------
---------------------------
-------------------
--------------
---------
----

-



Current temperature: As you all know the weather over these few weeks is extremely hawt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment